Are you tired of whipping up the same old boring meals? Do you need a burst of flavor in your life? Then you need to try this Shrimp Orzo with Feta recipe! This Mediterranean dish is perfect for seafood lovers and those who want to try something new. It’s a one-pan wonder that is easy to make and will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Let’s dive into the recipe and see how to make this delicious dish.
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes.
- Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
This Shrimp Orzo with Feta recipe is perfect for those looking to try something new or just wanting to add some Mediterranean flair to their meals. The combination of the orzo, shrimp, and feta cheese is just irresistible. Plus, the dish is a breeze to make! With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious and flavor-packed meal on the table in no time. Try out this recipe and let your taste buds dance with joy!
- 1 cup: 406 calories
- 12g fat (3g saturated fat)
- 180mg cholesterol
- 307mg sodium
- 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber)
- 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.